1. Turn ON your Mac
2. Plug in your LCD projector to an electrical outlet and turn it ON
3. Connect the video cable (usually VGA) from the projector to the Mac.
4. Once the Mac and projector are connected, click at the same time the Command and F1 key. This should allow the movie to be viewed on the screen and then you can work on your laptop in another program.
If the Command/F1 does not work for you, you can do the following....
- Click on the Apple Menu in the top left corner of your screen (Step 4)
- Select System Preferences from the drop-down menu (Step 5)
- Select the Displays icon (Step 6)
- When the Displays window appears, select the Arrangement tab within the menu bar
- Uncheck Mirror