For some reason there has been an issue with running Mimio updates, and it will continuously reset to the same version you currently have installed. So if you have recently tried to update the Mimio software using the program itself, but was unsuccessful there is an alternative option around the problem. You can download the most recent software using their website. Here are some instructions:
Update Mimio Software using the Web:
1. Click on the following link to take you to the correct webpage:
2. The webpage should look similar to this:
- Click the green "Download Now" button
3. On the next page you will select the type of software.
- "MimioStudio for Macintosh" is the correct software. Click on the link as seen in the image below.
4. Select Language and Download Software.
- Using the dropdown box select the correct language.
- Click "Download Software" after language has been selected. You can see this in the image below.
5. Fill out the required information on the following page (see image below).
- Click the "Download Software" button at the bottom of the page.
6. Click the "click here" link to begin download as seen in image below.
7. Software will begin to download. This may take a few moments depending on your connection speed. Once the download is complete. You can begin the installation.
- Find the location of the file. Typically this is automatically downloaded to the "Downloads" folder.
- Open Finder>Under Favorites>Select Downloads
- Look for the correct file. It will be titled something similar to:
- Click on this to open installation
8. The following window will open:
- Double-click to run the installation package.
- If the following window appears:
- Click "Ok"
- Right-click on "MimioStudio.pkg" > Click Open. This will bring up a new window. Click "Open"
9. Follow the onscreen instructions to finish the installation:
10. Plugin your Mimio hardware to your computer to authorize/activate the current software version. This is a very important step because it gives you full access to the program instead of a limited version.
- For example, take the USB connector from the MimioTeach bar (white bar on whiteboard), and plug USB into lap top. Make sure other end is plugged into MimioTeach.