||How to Orient your SMARTBoard
1. Orient the Smartboard by holding down the keyboard and mouse buttons that are on the Smartboard pen tray for two seconds. Touch the red X's. It is recommended that you orient at least once a day.
|Computer desktop doesn't show on SMARTBoard
You have two options:
A. Drag any software window that you want to use on your SMARTBoard to the right. As the window disappears off your computer screen it will appear on the SMARTBoard. The advantage of this is that you can check email or PowerTeacher while the students see a Notebook file on the SMARTBoard.
You can clone your computer so that it shows exactly the same thing as the SMARTBoard.
1. Click on the apple in the top left corner
2. Click on system preferences
3. Click on displays. Click on the arrangment tab. Check the box to mirror displays. This will clone. Make sure you are using 1024 X 768 (stretched) 85hrtz.
|Pens don't work
1. Pick up a pen and blow hard on the pen tray to get rid of any dust that might be blocking the pen sensor.
2. Unplug the phone cord located below the pen tray and plug it back into port 1. Take out each pen and eraser and blow hard to clean out the dust that may be preventing the pens from working.
3. Try a different phone cord from a different SMART Board. If the pens now work, then the phone cord needs replaced.
4. Try a different pen tray from a different SMART Board. If the new pen tray works but not the old one, a new pen tray needs ordered.
|Blinking green SMARTBoard light
1. Load up System Preferences-SMART Control Panel-Connection Wizard. This should force your steady green light so you can use your SMARTBoard
2. If the SMARTBoard still doesn't work, unplug the SMARTBoard usb cable for 30 seconds and then plug it into a different usb port on the computer. You may have to change the keyboard or mouse to a different usb port.
3. Click on the blue reset button for 10 seconds. This blue reset button is located to the right of the green/red light in the bottom right corner.
4. Restart the computer.
SMARTBoards can get dirty over time from users's greasy hands.
I would recommend cleaning the SMARTBoards at least once a month.
1. Unplug the SMARTBoard's usb cable so there is NO light in the bottom right corner.
2. Wait 1 minute and then spray an alcohol-free household glass cleaner like Windex on to a paper towel or cloth. Do NOT spray directly on the SMARTBoard.
3. Clean the board with the cloth.